11/14/2013 12:19:00 pm | Thursday 14 November 2013
~=+Cockroach Soup!!+=~


As promise to the husband on making him the pear soup ... I made my way to the market yesterday to get all the ingredients needed. It was raining for the past few days and I did not have the opportunityto go out. No one is helping me to take care of Ian and everywhere I go, I have to bring that little fellow with me. And apparently the rain had made it difficult for me to go on marketing as I find it a hassle to let him tag along with me.
 
God was finally kind to me yesterday to let mr sun shine for a little while. With whatever time I got, I ran to do some simple marketing. Ive been a housewife for almost 2yrs now.

No more drinking n partying.. even the meeting up with friends are like to the minimal. I do everything on a time table basis. From the 1st feed for Ian to making lunch, housekeeping and laundry .. Been a super good girl for so long ...

Ok now, back to the snow pear soup ... The husband is working the night shift in a local 24hr coffee shop and I feel that he needs some soup once in awhile for his health. Therefore I suggest snow pear with white fungus soup.

Ive never boil this soup before and this is my 1st try, although Ive drank it before. I roughly know the basic ingredients for the soup.
1) Snow Pears
2) White fungus
3) Almonds
4) Pork Ribs
5) Wolfberries

I blanch the pork ribs in order to remove the "bone bits" and to have clear soup. Also to rid the soup of the porky taste. Im so excited to make new things all the time. So long the husband is happy with what I am making for him ..

Took the nice effort to boil the soup for like 2hrs ...

Well... its my 1st try and what do you expect? After all was done, the husband asked me to pack the soup in a thermo container so he can bring it to work to drink.

This morning he returned home from work as usual. I asked the husband how was the soup? He gave me a queer look .. his reply, to me, was LMAO ...
"you made me cockroach soup? "

LOL ..... ok ... my mistake .. dumb me.. I think  I added a little too much almonds into the soup and cause the soup to have that "cockroach" taste. He said it was that awful, just that  if I were to make this soup again, be careful not to add to much almonds ...

Well .. nice 1st attempt. Now I know what my mistakes are, I will bear in mind next time when I make snow pear soup again.

And, here is the snapshot of the failed cockroach soup. Looks good, taste weird. =P



Surrealistic Shynna




Just A Vulnerable Person
Building Her Own World



~=+MY BLURBS+=~


Read it

Comment on it

Don't Hate me for no Reason

Don't Judge me by my Appearance

LOVE ME FOR WHO I AM

SHYNNA HAS A HEART


I don't live to please people






~=+TAG ME+=~




~=+LINKS+=

Blogger Main



February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
October 2010
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
November 2013
December 2013




page summary


  • ~=+Trying To Bring A Dead Blog Alive Again+=~
  • ~=+Paradoxical Paradoxide+=~
  • ~=+ Live Cell Therapy +=~
  • ~=+ Ageing +=~
  • ~=+Crazy Drinking AGAIN!!+=~
  • ~=+ Kumanthong +=~
  • ~=+Kumantong - Child Diety+=~
  • ~=+A Full Week of Socializing+=~
  • ~=+Im Back In Action+=~
  • ~=+Pain & Agony Relief in Just A Min!!+=~





  • You are a loser!
    Don't cry! ^^L